It is Canine Craze’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion/creed, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, unless such distinction is required by law.
We are currently hiring multiple full-time Dog Trainer positions.
This is an entry level position with internal opportunities for skill development and growth into additional responsibilities.
Looking for individuals who are driven, team oriented, and eager to learn to join our team as a Dog Trainer. This position is responsible for the individual supervision, training, control, and management of dogs and puppies in group training environments and in one-on-one training in our daytime programs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to loud noises, exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the supervision, control, and management of assigned dogs in daytime programs while adhering to best practices and safety protocols
- Through implementation of our science-based training curriculum, ensure assigned dogs get individual and group interactions, physical exercise and mental stimulation, socialization and training
- Drawing upon animal training and handling techniques grounded in positive reinforcement, clicker training, and relationship building, implement life skills training protocols (social skills, impulse control, and obedience skills) with assigned dogs
- Follow daily operation procedures to main a safe, clean environment for dogs. This includes cleaning and maintaining classrooms and crating areas, in such a manner as to provide an odor free, sanitized, and low stress environment for the animal
- Maintain a friendly demeanor and provides good customer service while following check-in/check-out procedures during drop-off/pick-up times
- Performs routine facility cleaning, such as but not limited to dishes, laundry, vacuuming and moping animal and public areas, restocking supplies, and picking up outdoors
- Maintains electronic and paper training records of dogs
- Handles and controls dogs that may be difficult to handle
- Engages and completes in self-directed learnings and/or on-going learning as assigned
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and dogs
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and clients through written and verbal forms of communication
- Show respect for clients and dogs at all times
- Work independently and collaboratively with staff
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor while at work
- Participate in personal performance appraisal
- Participate in all staff and training meetings
- Attention to details and keen observations skills
- Working knowledge of computers (Mac or PC) and Office and/or ability to learn internal software
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Demonstrate flexibility and proven coping skills
- Knowledge of animal behavior, communication, canine handling, behavior, and care, and positive reinforcement training
- Ability to move and handle dogs of all sizes (up to 150 lbs) and temperaments
- Ability to manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 lbs
- Ability to constantly change positions to interact with dogs of varying sizes and transfer dogs in and out of crates/kennels.
- Ability to daily operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.50 – $12.25 per hour
When interacting with customers all staff and customers wear masks and regularly wash or disinfect hands. We are currently utilizing a curbside pick-up and drop-off process to limit exposure and clients in the building.
If intersted in this position please click on the “Apply” button below and email us your resume and cover letter.
Canine Craze offers an excellent opportunity to make dog training your career. Within a Dog Trainer position there are internal apprenticeships for learning additional responsibilities. When assuming these additional responsilibites comes new opportunities to work with clients and dogs. Developing yourself as a dog trainer through Canine Craze you will learn essential knowledge and skills such as the science of dog training, what dogs are telling us through dog body language, emotions in dogs, developing communication skills, and leadership skills.