It is Canine Craze’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion/creed, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, unless such distinction is required by law.
Dog Trainer/Assistant is responsible for the individual supervision, training, control, and management of dogs and puppies in our day time programs while assuring the daily routine care of all dog.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drawing upon training and handling techniques grounded in positive reinforcement, clicker training, and relationship building, implement individual life skills training protocols (social skills, impulse control, and obedience skills) with assigned dogs (60%)
- Follow daily operation procedures to maintain a safe, clean environment for dogs. This includes cleaning and maintaining classrooms and crating areas and sometimes the boarding area (runs and crates), in such a manner as to provide an odor free and low stress environment for the animals. (10%)
- Maintains a friendly demeanor and provides good customer service while following check-in/check-out procedures during drop-off/pick-up times. (10%)
- Performs routine facility cleaning, such as but not limited to dishes, laundry, vacuuming, and moping animal and public areas, restocking supplies and picking up outdoors. (10%)
- Maintains electronic and paper records of animals. (5%)
- Handles and controls animals that may be difficult to handle. (5%)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Relevant work experience in pet care (boarding, daycare, dog training, or veterinary field)
- Knowledge of animal behavior, communication, canine handling, behavior, and care, and positive reinforcement training
- Working knowledge of computers (Mac or PC) and Office and/or ability to learn internal software
- Customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and clients through written and verbal forms of communication
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Self-starter, with ability to lead others and work independently
- Strong decision and problem solving skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and proven coping skills
- Ability to move and handle dogs of all sizes (up to 150 lbs) and temperaments
- Ability to manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 lbs
- Ability to constantly change positions to interact with dogs of varying sizes and transfer dogs in and out of crate/kennels
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to loud noises and outdoor weather conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Send cover letter and resume to Renee@CanineCraze.com